Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Lecture/ Briefing
- Open House
- Press Briefing
- Radio Show
- School Program
- Other: Brain games and Einstein's birthday party on national Pi Day
- Elementary school students(1-5)
- General Public
- High School students(9-12)
- Middle school students(6-8)
- Patients & Caregivers
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
We hosted a National Pi Day/Einstein's Birthday party to kick off the week followed by events on each day of Brain Awareness week including a feature on the nightly 5 & 6pm KSLA news channel 12. We hosted parent seminars with ThinkFirst and nutritionist Dr.Jennifer Singh as well as brain games for students nightly at LearningRx. We gave away prizes, had special shirts made and played brain activities with seniors in the community, preschoolers, homeschoolers, and many more. We had a seminar on brain development and on trauma prevention.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
- Press Release/Media Advisory
- Social Media
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
- It’s Mindboggling!
- BAW Pencils and Erasers
- The Mindboggling Workbook
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Q&A: Answering Your Questions About Brain Research Downloads
- BAW Bookmark
- BAW Certificate of Participation
- Puzzles: Adult/high school
- Puzzles: K-12
- Puzzles: BAW Favorites
- Mindboggling Coloring Sheets
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- Fact Sheets
- New Puzzles/Games
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- BAW Flyer
- BAW Logos
- BAW Participation Certificate
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
We have boosted the awareness of cognitive fitness and general health.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?